What are we doing at Alby during the COVID -19 Pandemic?
We want to inform you of the actions we are taking as a business to protect our cleaners and our clients as far as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. On the other hand, we do not need to point out that a clean house is even more essential during these times.
- We are in constant contact with all our cleaners and are asking them and yourselves to take all the precautions you can.
- If you or anyone in your household have any symptoms, please let us and your cleaner know as soon as possible.
- We have also informed our cleaners to do the same if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms.
- We have always ensured that the same cleaner attends the same clients each clean and that our cleaners only use the clients’ cleaning materials, to prevent cross-contamination.
- Alby Estates and our cleaners would like to thank you for your continued support at this difficult time, it is much appreciated.
Latest government advice
- Work in the home like cleaning can continue provided the person carrying out the work has no symptoms and that no-one in their household is shielding or self-isolating
- Social distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained
- Travel to and from this type of work is allowed
- Face coverings must be worn.
- No work should be carried out by any tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild
- More details can be found on the government website here
For the safety of both Clients and Cleaners, we have introduced the following rules:
- Cleaners must not clean if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must not allow cleaning if anyone in their household has symptoms (however mild), shielding or self-isolating
- Clients must stay in a different room to the cleaner. Social distancing of at least 2 metres must always be maintained.
Cleaning is one of the few exceptions for entering people’s homes; it is incredibly important that cleaners respect Government guidelines and clients’ wishes when they are entering a property.
- Cleaners must always observe social distancing of 2 metres from anyone in the property
- Face coverings are mandatory.
- As always, cleaners must never under any circumstances, take anyone (including children) with them to a clean.
All cleaners must follow our detailed cleaning and safety guidelines
These are based on the latest guidelines from Public Health England, Health Protection Scotland and the NHS.
- Thoroughly wash their hands before, during and after their cleans with warm soapy water. Or use hand sanitiser.
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products and then where possible, disinfected using a product that is certified to kill 99.9% of germs, such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray or a bleach-based spray
- Special attention should be paid to “high touched” areas such as door and cupboard handles, light switches, TV remotes, tables, countertops etc
- Warm water (not hot or cold) should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Use disposable or machine washable gloves
- Open windows where possible for ventilation
- Wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60°C or above) after every use
- Avoid shaking dirty laundry and soft furnishings such as bathmats and rugs